Dutchie in the national squad!


Hi girls!! For those who don’t know me: I’m Emilie, Em or Dutchie and I played for Powerhouse in the season of 2004 and had a blast in Melbourne.

I have great news to share with you guys because I’ve been selected for the Dutch squad to play the European Cup 2008 which is held in my own country; lovely Holland!!!

Our first match will be on May 17th in Amsterdam against France, number 2 of Europe (we are ranked 7th). I’ve had the privilege to play them last year in Madrid and I have to say they’re a tough side… They tend to kick a lot and their mauls are pretty impressive. As a prop forward I learned just to stay put during the whole kicking thing and work my ass off in the mauls.

Our next match will be on May 20th in my home town Leiden, on my home grounds of L.R.C. DIOK, which is so cool, because the whole club and all of my friends can come and watch Holland play!! Opposition will be either Scotland or Wales, depending on the first round.

Last games are held on May 24th, again in Amsterdam.

Our head coach is Ozzie and I make fun of his accent every week, but I secretly love listening to his Ozzie accent because it makes me feel like I’m back in Australia!!

So girls, please think of me and Holland in that week in May!! I’ll sent an update after the tournament to let you all know how we performed.

For more info: www.wec2008.nl (also available in English, click the little icon upper right side).

Lots of love, Em

All the girls from my club L.R.C. DIOK who’ve been selected with me bottom left!


[Msg from Marika: I'm so sorry for the delay in posting this Emilie - i only just found this email now!]

Comments